Friday, January 7, 2011

Boooorrrrriiiiinnnnngggggg

This had to be one of the most boring days I've had in a while. After we were suppossed to get this HUGE snow storm, not much happened other than a dusting, but my appointments still felt they needed to stay home and not come in to see me. This left me with a grand total of a half hour of work this morning, and tons of time to sit on my ass with nothing to do. Sure there was cleaning I could have attended to, but why should I spend precious time cleaning when there's web-surfing to be done!? (laying on the sarcasm quite thick right now!)

So instead of really being productive, I decided to do a pretty heavy trainer workout, and THEN sit on my ass. Basically the workout consisted of a 15 min warm up, then 1min @ 90% of max hr, followed by a 2 min recovery, then repeated, and then a 15 min cool down. I did the 1 min followed by 2 min reps for about an hours worth. All told I got 95 minutes of ass in the saddle time. And I have to say this was pretty fun. I haven't broken out the trainer in a while, much less even thought about training indoors for almost a year, but this was a lot of fun. I was able to focus on the workout, and really crush each of the intervals. Like weight training, I'm going to have to revisit the merits of indoor bike riding:).

This workout was in no way supported by my coach. In fact, he gave me precise direction to skip today all together and continue to rest from my recent illness. Sorry David, couldn't help it. I was waaaaay too bored!

Tomorrow I'll be getting back on track and getting things back in order with my apartment as well. I'm about a week overdue for some serious cleaning, and I'm looking forward to donating boatloads of clothes and shoes to the Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment