Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ReDONKulous!

This time I've really, really had it! This snow is getting to be just plain f*ckin' stupid! We're in the midst of getting hit with about another foot, and to make matters worse, Anne is spending the night in a hotel in England rather than in my apartment tonight! She was scheduled to be here tonight at 8, but because of the SFW (STUPID F*CKING WEATHER), her flight was cancelled.

This makes twice that we haven't been able to see each other so far because of snow in the past month. The good thing, though, is that she was able to book a flight for tomorrow that should arrive well after the storm is over. "Should" being the most important word. With what we've been through in the last 30 days, nothing would suprise me.

I'm all about going with the flow and dealing with the cards you've been dealt, but in all honesty, 2011 has sucked so far.

So what do you do when you're girlfriend is stuck overseas? You get on the trainer and kill your legs! After finding Anne's flight would canceled, I got a haircut, ate some lunch, and got to work trying to forget about how mad I was that she wouldn't be her tonight. I'm beginning to be a huge fan of these indoor workouts and the control you have over them. Having a power meter makes all the difference. It's amazing how much more precise power is over heart rate. Not that heart rate is bad, but it's just cool to see instant feedback instead of the lag you get when using only heart rate. Of course this isn't anything profound or new, but cool none the less.

So tomorrow is going to be a rest day as I'll HOPEFULLY be on my way midday to get Anne at the airport. If I find myself training tomorrow, I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment