Thursday, March 22, 2012

What a day..

Yesterday was one filled with a major "down" and then some major "ups" thereafter.  I woke up in the morning with a migraine that must have started during my sleep in the night, then had to deal with some personal stuff which put a serious damper on the day.  After, it was off to work (involving a ride with a client), and being able to get my mind on work and off what was going on helped ease the situation.  Then, I got in the car and drove up to my own little "mountain bike heaven" to ride for the afternoon.  That, again, provided some really nice opportunities to get my mind of things and concentrate solely on not busting my ass over all the rocks.  Next up was a ride with the boys at one of the local trails, putting me further into the "happy Dave" zone.

I could complain for hours about my day yesterday, and how bummed out it was to start, only to end on a high note, but I won't go on with that.  Shit happens to everyone and I'm no different.  If anything, this has just fueled my fire to do my own thing and break away from my dependance on others.  More times that not in my life, when I've relied on others, I've been let down and/or disappointed.  That's not to say that people aren't reliable.  Maybe it's that I just expect too much.  Or perhaps I'm too much of a perfectionist to let others take the reigns.  Whatever the case is, once again I have to travel my own path.  This isn't a bad thing, of course, it's just that other plans were being made.  Gotta start from the beginning now.

Moving on, today is more likely to be a little more low key-hopefully.  Got off to a rough start, waking up early, getting all caffeinated, only to have my client cancel 20 minutes before we were to meet.  I've got two more people to see this morning (if they don't call to cancel!), a class to teach, and a doctor's appointment to take my father to early this afternoon.  I might catch a ride later with a friend, but to be honest, I'm pretty shattered right now.  Then again, there's plenty of time to rest when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment