Thursday, February 4, 2010

1 hour swim with coach

Had a great swim with coach Kerry today and worked on some neat stuff in the water. It's nice to work with a coach for swim workouts (especially me, coming from a super duper non-swim background) because it adds so much spice to my workouts. Last year when I was swimming on my own and not knowing with the hell I was doing, all I ever did was freestyle. That just plain equaled boooooring! Some people can do it I guess, but not me. Anyway, it works well, I get a ton of good instruction, and my swimming is to a level I don't think I ever could have attained by continuing to work on my own.

Tomorrow is my birthday and it's a little bittersweet. I'll be turning 29 and had originally (since the summer) planned to run 30 miles for this particular birthday, hopefully beginning a tradition that would see me running my age +1 mile every birthday. However, with the foot just getting better it's not a possibility. It was a silly and meaningless thing to do, but I still wanted to do it just for fun. Oh, well...

Tomorrow is another scheduled rest day, but I think I might go out for an easy mountainbike ride. I've been toying with the idea of adding some gears to my singlespeed, but haven't decided. Maybe tonight I'll thow some on and see what it's like tomorrow. We'll see if the mood hits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment