Sunday, February 14, 2010

6 hour ride

Yes!!! After being a little dissapointed about not getting 6 hour in yesterday (nonetheless I was sore for all the climbing-and we probably got more quality out of less quantity yesterday), I got in my 6 hours today. Probably a little less climbing today, but overall just a good ride. I finished with some hill repeats for a half hour at the 5:30 mark. It was great to still feel pretty fresh at that point in the workout.

I very happy with where I am right now. Regardless of not running, I feel that my overall fitness is very good. I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I was this time last year. I believe the run will come along quickly now that I'm back into somewhat of a "normal" training routine again.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I'm toying with the idea of getting in a little more time on the bike. Nothing near what today or yesterday was, but it might just be a good idea to spin the legs for 90 mins-2 hours. If I'm totally toasted I'll probably just hit the pool for a bit. The rest of the week will be devoted to getting in a good little taper before the Spain training camp. Only a few more days now!

No comments:

Post a Comment