Wednesday, February 3, 2010

30 min easy swim

I slept in big time today. My alarm usually goes of at 4:30am and I typically get up and out of bed around 4:45am. Today the alarm went off, but I didn't get up until 6:05. I rushed out, jumped in the car, and nearly got killed on the way to work because of a thin layer of snow and ice on the road. Luckily, though, I was able to miss the car in front of me, and donut out of the way.

Anyway, got to the pool after seeing a client and swam really easy. I haven't been in the water since Friday, so it felt good to move easily. I spent about a half hour in the water, just moving the whole time, running through all the strokes and concentrating on form. Funny how when you don't swim for a few days you feel almost faster than you did before.

The rest of the day is dedicated to relaxing and taking care of a few "real life" things that have to be done. Going to the DMV, paying bills, etc.

Tomorrow is a meeting with coach Kerry, so I'll be back in the pool again, and if the weather is ok and I have the time, I'll try to get out on the mountainbike again for a little bit-just for relaxation sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment