Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Swim 30 mins, Run 30 mins

Took out a nice early morning swim today. I have trouble getting up for "recovery/taper" week workouts. In getting ready for Spain, my coach told me to "respect the camp". In otherwords, it's gonna be hard and I should be well rested going into it. I will do as told. If it's anything like what I've been reading from his blog and heard from the people that have gone, it's going to be tough but doable. I'm sure I could have trained into it, but I'm not sure that I'd get the best out of it. I'd probably be dead by the middle of the camp and that would seriously compromise my health and decrease the amount of "positive training" I got out of it.

So today, like the rest of this week is meant to be taken easy. I put in about 22 hours of training last week, and this week I plan to do no more than 5. With that comes the boredom I always feel when I'm not training a lot. The fact of the matter is, I've been resting well and my training plan has been put together thoughtfully. Those two factors mean that the 22 hours was really not even a stretch at all. Being creative with cycling in the crappy, snowy, and icy weather was tough, but physically my body didn't even bat an eye. It felt great to get out and train like I do in the middle of the seaons, putting in some big miles on the bike.

Ok, so I'm complaining a little bit, but it's just because I'm whiney that I'm not able to get out and do 5 or 6 hours on the bike right now. Not having all those exercise endorphins sucks and there's no way to get them without training. Ha, by this time next week I'll probably be begging for mercy:).

Anyway, I did 30 mins of easy swimming in the pool this morning, and plan on doing another 20-30 min easy run this afternoon. Tomorrow is an hour swim with my swim coach (which will be a little more than easy but c'mon, it's swimming). Otherwise, I'm getting everything ready for Spain (passport, euros, clothing, etc.) and practicing packing my bikebox. I'm so bored!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment