Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rest Day


Deciding to take a complete rest day in prep for Spain. I pushed the volume a lot this past week (for this time of year) and there's really no use in trying to push more as I head into training camp. I had planned on getting up early and doing another short run, but when I woke up I felt a little sluggish, tired, and congested. All this is the early warning signs to me that a sickness may be brewing and I don't even want the slightest bit of ANYTHING to follow me to Spain. When I'm there all I want to worry about is training. I don't want to have to compensate for some stupid cold I brought from home because I was too stubborn to listen to my body.


The foot feels great this morning with no ill effects of having pushed it a little on the run yesterday. The runs for now are short, but as I said yesterday, they're showing me a lot. I don't have that uncoordinated feeling that usually comes from a running layoff. I'm feeling fluid and smooth. The only thing I'd say that isn't there is the specific strength. I can feel my legs get tired from the pounding that they're unaccustomed to. Of course that will come as my runs get longer, so it's not a worry.


Product Review!!!


Ok, so I got the Skins Travel and Recovery tights for my Spain training camp. I figured it'd be a good idea to wear something on the plane for the 13 hours of travel I have ahead of me. Also, I have always been interested in the Travel and Recovery specific tights and needed an excuse to buy them. If you're not familiar with the Skins line, they have several long tights for both cycling and running, as well as a pair of recovery tights that have an extension that covers the ankle and half of the foot (the part I've been having trouble with-from the midfoot to the heel). I have to say that I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I wore the tights after both long rides this weekend, as well as my short run yesterday. As well, I slept in them all 3 nights. Love 'em! I have to say that I do notice a bit more compression throughout the tights. This may be my imagination, or could perhaps be because they're new, but the foot feature really makes them comfy for lounging in. I'm sure I'll have more to write about during and after Spain, and I'll specifially detail my travel with the tights. My only fear going into the trip is that wearing them on the plane will get hot and uncomfortable underneath a pair of pants. I could, of course, go sans pants and wear only the tights, but I'm pushing my limits already with my ratty "terrorist" beard as it is. :) I do actually want to get to Spain...

No comments:

Post a Comment