Monday, February 8, 2010

Recovery Swim

Recovery swim today. Recovering from what I'm not sure, but I definately feel much better having done it. I never look forward to going to the pool (or rarely I should say), but once I get in the water I love it. The only problem is that often the water really serves to calm me. This can be challenging when I'm trying to get up for hard sets. Just realized I used "get up" and "hard" in the same sentence...time to get my mind out of the gutter.

The rest of the day will be devoted to taking care of my affairs. I have to go to court today to take care of a 6 year old traffic ticket. Six years old!!! WTF??? Isn't there some statute of limitations on this thing? I probably could have killed someone 6 years ago and not go to prison for it, but when the state wants its money, it's time to pay the man I guess.

Work is slow today which is wonderful. I try not to make my Monday's too crazy as I'm usually recovering from back to back long rides from the weekend. Ok, maybe I'm just lazy and don't feel like seeing too many people Monday-take your pick.

Anyway, should be a good day and I'll devote some more time to my tight-ass calfs. I've found the best things are foam rolling and the stick. Some of the TP massage stuff is just too harsh and winds up leaving me feeling worse than when I started. I'm not saying they're not good, but for my particular injury they're not the best. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment