Saturday, November 7, 2009

3+ hour ride

Three hours and then some on the bike today. First time I got back on the road (on a tri bike to boot!) In more than a month. I took it very easy, capping the HR at 155. However, I really didn't come anywhere near that as I averaged about 138 for the ride.

The ride felt relatively easy. Of course it was super slow, but I don't feel like I lost that much fitness aerobically. On a muscular level though, My quads started to sing a bit. I imagine this stems from the fact that I haven't been on the TT bike in a while. Mountainbiking has kept my fitness relatively good, but the specific actions involved with riding in such an aggresive position were definatley felt today.

I had planned on running a bit afterward today, but the urge left me. A run wasn't in my plan, so it would be purely extracurricular today. Not to mention I put in a couple easy miles with a client this morning.

Also, it never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are when driving. I imagine in a state where more people cycle and run on the roads this would be less apparent, but here on Long Island it's dispicable. Spending a month tearing up the trails made me a bit soft to drivers out on the road. All I can say is that you have to be defensive in every circumstance. Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment