Sunday, November 1, 2009

The day that shouldn't have been: 45 min swim, all drills

I have to say it. I had no business being in the water today. I didn't sleep well last night. I was up late. I felt bad when I woke up. I was cranky. I waited 'till the end of the day. And most importantly, because of all this (especially not getting enough sleep!) I was totally under-rested and not prepared to train today. I didn't have the discipline to get my ass to bed last night and it killed my training for today-plain and simple.

While I'm a bit dissapointed in myself, it's not the end of the world. These swim workouts are important, but flubbing one is not the end of the world. The problem arises when it becomes a habit. For now though, I'll take it as I needed to stay up late for whatever reason, and I'm not gonna beat myself over the head for it.

Again I did lots and lots of drills. Not a stroke of freestyle, although I did manage some loose catch up that may or may not have passed for freestyle. Depends on who's watching! :)

Otherwise today was mostly a relaxing day. I watched the NYC marathon and was super inspired by Meb Keflezighi's performance. That was everything I think any athlete can aspire to be. I couldn't help but tear up as he crossed the finish line. Oh, and not to mention the fact that 6 of the 10 top finishers were Americans. Very impressed and inspired!

Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, but I think I may get back to the pool to make up for today's waste of a workout. It will all depend on how I feel the moment I wake up. If I feel good, I'll swim. If not, it's all about resting up to train the next day. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment