Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Swim

Tough swim today. Not because I wanted to work hard, but mentally it was tough. I had a busy day (still do as a matter of fact) so my getting to the pool and back to work was on a strict time table. By the time I got to the pool, I was so wound up from running around all day, I had to take a couple of laps to calm myself down and get into the strict form of my drills. During this time I've tried to keep my "drill form" as strict as it possibly can be. Otherwise, what's the point of doing the drills? Drills with bad form must certainly lead to swimming with bad form.

The most interesting point of the day came from me cheating on the 1 month with no freestyle rule. I was fed up and getting super frustrated with my drills. Not to mention I had a lapse in faith. So I did a 50 freestyle lap. I shouldn't have, but in a funny way it reaffirmed what I've been doing for the past two weeks. I can't remember swimming in a more fluid and effortless way, not to mention fast. In that 50 I felt the work of the last two weeks and could literally feel every drill I had done and the influence it had on my form. It was only 50 yards, and I don't intend to do it again for at least another two or three weeks, but damn was it nice to see that the drill work is paying off.

Other than the swim today I jogged with Lucky this morning for a few miles before work, and then again with a client I'm helping to get ready for her first 5k. I'm off in a few minutes to take another client for a run, but for this one I'll be riding The Meat Saw. Riding while a client is running is one of my favorite things. Not because it lets my fat ass relax:), but because I can really critique their form-much more than when I'm running along with them.

Super excited for my own run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment