Sunday, November 15, 2009

Run, Swim

Had an 1:20 base run with Grant today. Nice and easy with some good convo throughout. I got the chance to show him some of my local running routes and I think he approved. This summer hopefully we'll get some of the CREW out for some runs, rides, and swims. It really makes me appreciate the great areas for training that I have around my house.

We're headed off to the pool for a quick swim before Grant heads back into Manhattan. This will be a good test for me as far as discipline goes-I'll get to see whether or not I can maintain NOT swimming freestyle and sticking to drills. We'll see how it goes.

Afternoon Swim:
Had a pretty decent "technique swim" this afternoon. It was tough to do a lot of the kicking drills as my legs were a little tired from this morning's run, but I managed. I think I'm really "feeling" the water for the first time. I'm beginning to feel how much of a difference it makes to become more streamlined and move north to south rather than east to west. In doing these drills, I've found that a lot of my problem was that I was consistently moving my hips too much laterally. I think I wasted a lot of time "wiggling" in the water rather than moving forward. I'm faster already just by making the effort to go forward and not sideways.

No comments:

Post a Comment