Thursday, November 5, 2009

Swim and Run

Had a good swim today. Again it was all drills. I tried the workout Lucho suggested:25 yards of sculling followed by 25 yards of stict form catch up, and repeat. It was tough. I wanted to go on doing it for as long as I could, but I only made it to about 15 minutes before the catch up got sloppy. It was great though, and served the purpose of getting to move fast without really "swimming". I'm very happy with these drill workouts. Although they're hard I feel that they're very important to my swimming development.

After the pool I headed to one of the local trails for a "no watch" run. I didn't have a ton of time before I had to head back to work, but they've been doing some work to the trail system and I wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, they covered up one of my favorite climbs. It was probably the steepest and longest hill there. I guess I'll have to find somewhere else to do my hill repeats when I run there.

Good day of training today. Nothing special, but consistent. I still didn't feel all there on the run, but I guess it's just that time of year. I slept 10 hours last night and I hope to get in at least another 8-9 tonight. So much for a social life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment