Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ate...All Day

No training today. I did ride my mountain bike 5k while a client of mine ran a local Turkey Trot, so I guess that counts for something.

I basically wanted to rest the hell out of my calf in preparation for a light run tomorrow to test it. I would have swam today, but the pool wasn't open early enough, and I needed to get to the race to help out with my client. It's not a bad thing, though, because today was a solid day for resting the calf. I think I may only have been on my feet for a total of 1-1 1/2 hours today, and this was definately NOTHING strenuous.

I have so many things to be thankful for today they're too long to list. There's health, well being, family, etc. But I think today I'm actually thankful for this little calf ordeal I'm going through. It's teaching me more about myself and how to deal with something like this should it ever come up again. The mental part of an injury, at least to me, is so much worse than the physical. I'm constantly thinkning about how this is going to effect my training and preparation for this upcoming season's races. In all reality, it will have NO impact on anything this season! That is, of course, if I don't do something stupid like push through it. November, and the winter in general, is a time to take care of your body. I enjoy this phase of the season because it's laying the groundwork for what I want to accomplish in the summer. Being strong and disciplined mentally is worth its weight in gold once the season starts. At least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment