Saturday, April 3, 2010

Long Ride, Run


Great day to ride the bike and run today. The Spring weather is finally here and I couldn't be happier. It's warm, sunny, and all the folks who have been hidden indoors are now out in force riding dusty bikes and running in last year's shoes! So while some people (and I know quite a few) feel that their precious roads are now being overtaken by the "weekend warriors", I feel quite the opposite. First and foremost, I'm happy that people are actually out doing something other than eating badly and driving in their ridiculously big cars consuming way to much fuel. I'm also glad for the reason that there's safety in numbers. The more cyclists and runner there are on the road, the more drivers have to be aware. Good all the way around.


And while I'm on the topic, I find it sad that most drivers have more regard for a squirrell than they do for a human being. I've saw people pull some amazing manuvers to miss making contact with animals, but when it comes to me riding my bike (at the speed limit no less!), they can't wait but to complain about how I'm taking up too much of their road. All this really makes me angry to know end! Nothing makes me happier than to have some idiot blow past me in their environment ruining SUV only to slam on the breaks at the Stop sign 20 yards up. Furthermore, I love passing them again at the sign. "Aren't you glad you sped up only to slam on the breaks? Way to go jackass!"


Ok, sorry for the rant, but it's ridiculous how badly drivers treat cyclists. I really want to start running ads in car magazines and on tv about the difference between a human life and an animals. Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but at least give me the same respect you would a dog running across the road. How would you feel if you were responsible for my death because you were too stubborn to actually slow down to the SPEED LIMIT!


Alright, now I'm really done:). So today's ride was great. I actually met up with a buddy of mine from highschool that I haven't seen in a couple years and rode together for about an hour. It's amazing how much you can catch up in such a short time. Other than that, not much excitement on the bike. Just some good mellow miles on a sunny Saturday.


After the bike I did a transition run. Kept it pretty fast on a nicely hilly circut. I'm very happy with how quickly my running is progressing. It's a pleasant suprise and I'll take it:).


Tomorrow is going to be quite a mess logistically. Between getting in training and seeing family, it's going to be one thing after another all day. I've got a bike session planned for the morning and a run for the evening. In between that it'll be catching up on some bills and meeting up with family for an early dinner (if you can call it that! We're getting together at 2pm...guess that would technically be "dunch" or "linner"). Right now though its relaxing with the legs up and compression tights on!

No comments:

Post a Comment