Thursday, April 8, 2010

Run, Swim, Run

Double run session today with a swim in the middle. It was a busy day catching up on work stuff as well, so that further complicated things.

I felt like crap during the first run and just tried to take it easy. Suprisingly my pace came around and things just sort of fell into place. I finished feeling reasonably good and was off to the pool for a swim session with Coach Kerry.

Worked a ton on breast stroke and refined my front crawl. Very pleased with the technique I've developed this winter, I only have to continue to log the yards in the pool and put some power and endurance into these swim muscles!:)

The second run was something I had been dreading the entire day. Felt tired and was literally yawning beforehand. Laced 'em up and got it in anyhow. Actually wound up feeling quite good and had to pull in the reigns a bit to slow myself down from doing too much. Don't want to make that mistake again!!!:)

All in all it was a solid day of training. My left ankle is developing a bit of soreness though. Being that it is the same ankle as the foot I injured this winter, I'm going to keep a keen eye on it. I think it's just a matter of my body reacting to the bump up in milage, but nonetheless it needs to be watched. If that means missing a run session or two in order for it to not become something bigger, I'm all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment