Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Swim and Run

Had a great swim session this morning. I've said before that for me at this point it's all about getting the yards in-and that's just what I'm doing! My swimming endurance and speed have shot up out of nowhere and I'm getting that "it's easy" feeling during my big sets. I'm still not as fast as I'd want to be, but I'm consistent and I don't slow down. I guess it's better to stay steady than it is to fly and die.

After the swim I got out for a nice little tempo run. Kept the pace even and quick. I still need to run more to work on my stride, but it's coming along. I'm still not as smooth and efficient as I'd like to be yet on the run, but it's coming together. I think part of that may be my fear of getting injured again. I think I'm running a little "tender" on foot that had been injured. Tomorrow is a big run day and I'm going to try and do it all off road. It should give me the opportunity to worry less about slamming my foot down on the pavement, and more about efficiency. Should be a good day.

On another note, I'm already having trouble sleeping as I'm thinking about races for this season. My first race is still 3 weeks away and it kept me up last night. I guess with stepping it up in training and dedication comes the pressure of performing well. We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment