Friday, April 2, 2010

Weights, Bike Intervals

Hit the weights again. Today was much easier "feeling" than Monday. I'm focusing mostly on core and stability, so none of the exercises are crazy hard they've just gonna be done. The most important thing, for me at least, is not to go overboard. It's very easy to slip into my "meathead" mentality of the past and try to lift very heavy just to impress the highschool kids around me:). Sure I could lift much heavier than I am, but what would it do for my triathlon performance? That's the question I must continue to ask. It's not about the look, it's all about the function. Like the song goes, "It's all about performance."

The bike was, as always, a lot of fun. Some sustained efforts in there mixed in with some easy riding. Not terribly long, but nonetheless fun to get out on a beautiful day for a bike ride. The weather this weekend is suppossed to be gorgeous so it'll no doubt be great for my weekend rides.

Looking forward to getting some solid rides and runs this weekend before pigging out on Sunday for Easter with the family. Now it's off and time to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment