Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Swim, Run

Swam and ran. Nothing special, just another day. Swam some endurance sets and worked on thinking more and more about what every part of my body was doing, ala Chuckie V's blog post from yesterday. He wrote some really interesting stuff that I suggest any triathlon swimmer give a serious read. Here is a dude that didn't start swimming until 21 and didn't just become a decent swimmer, but a rather awesome one! Definintely give it a read if you get the chance.

After the swim it was right out onto the roads for a pretty hard and quick run. I wound up going a bit to fast for day, but nonetheless had a terriffic run. The legs are really coming around again and I'm so happy about that. Interesting thing happened on the run today though. With about 10 minutes to go I started to cry and got the chills-not because the run was hard, but because I realized how much I want this. I'm putting so much of myself into this and it means so much to me, I guess I just had a "happy" breakdown. When you put so much of your heart and soul into something, I guess it's impossible not to have days like this. No matter what happens I'll no one will ever be able to say that I haven't given this whole triathlon thing an honest go.:)

Off to an early bed tonight. I haven't been sleeping all that well the past couple of nights and tomorrow is a big run day (as well as work day), so I'll need my rest. Gotta make sure to rest as hard as I train:).

No comments:

Post a Comment