Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Swim, Bike


Tired was the name of the game today. I'm still feeling all of last weeks training, and getting crappy sleep last night didn't help my case. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a horrible nightmare. The funny thing is, the nightmare was about a race two months from now! :) In the dream, it was race morning and I was standing in the driveway of my house. The race is in a different state and I obviously had no chance of getting there. I was devestated and shaken. From what I remember, I did wind up getting to the race, but everyone had already gone off and basically was on the bike before I had even gotten in the water. The next image was of me racing on the bike to catch everyone and slowly catching up to them. Then I work up, looked at the clock, and it was 2am.


I have no idea what this dream means. Either way, I couldn't get back to sleep and I've been miserably tired all day:(.


Swim today was tough. I was tired getting to the pool, and it didn't change after the warmup. I still hit all the numbers I was suppossed to, but it definately wasn't an enjoyable training session. Slugged through it, got out, got some food, and headed home to get on the bike.


The bike was a bit more of the same, although I did wind up feeling a little better. Unfortunately, with all the people out and the roads being patched up, there were a lot of stops along the way due to construction. There are two ways I can go from my house-East or West. West is a bit more populated, with more "stuff" to see. However, you run the danger, as I found out today, of having to stop a lot more. East is less populated and better in the way that there are much less stoplights, the roads are often better, and there is MUCH less stopping to do. I'll be heading East from now on.:) Finished off the ride with some strong intervals.


Heading to bed early tonight to try and recouperate for tomorrow. Have another swim and a strong run planned for tomorrow, so I'll need my beauty sleep!:) Hopefully I'll wake up feeling like a new man tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment