Sunday, April 18, 2010

Swim, Bike, Run

Solid ending to a solid weekend and week of training. I'm feeling good again and fatigue is to a minimum. I really hit the nail on the head this week. It was the perfect mix of volume and intensity.

Swim this morning was based on some sprintwork and endurance. It's ridiculous how good I'm feeling in the water. After fixing the problems with my stroke this winter and now logging some good yards, things are falling together and I couldn't be happier.

The bike ride today mixed in some strengthwork with endurance as well. It was a short one (2.5 hours), but I got in a lot of big gear work and feel terrific on the bike. It's going to be a great season bike-wise.

Finally, I hit the track soon after the bike ride to do some tempo work. I actually had to work on slowing down quite a bit to keep my numbers under control. The legs just want to go right now and that's an awesome feeling. I'm still feeling a bit of discomfort in my ankle, but it's much less than last week. I think my body is getting used to the pounding it missed for 4 months this winter. Also, I'm not running again for a couple days so whatever soreness is there should be healed by then.

All in all this was one of the most solid weeks of training I've ever had. It's exciting and motivating to see the changes that are taking place and the result of hard work put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment