Thursday, January 28, 2010

1 hour swim with coach

Swam one hour with coach. This was one of the tougher days I've had in the pool. After the last couple days of work on the bike, as well as not sleeping all that well for reasons I'm not conciously aware of, I'm pretty thrashed. It's not that I wasn't looking forward to being in the water today, I just wasn't looking forward to actually working in the water today. Big difference...

Once I got in I felt pretty good though. Today was all about that illusive "feel" of the water. We didn't do one stroke of freestyle, but instead worked more on fly and backstroke (just a little on the backstroke). I love doing the other strokes because they really do make me "feel" the water much better and, in turn, make my freestyle so much faster. Besides, working mostly fly for an hour is like lifting weights.

The biggest gain I've noticed this season from having a swim coach is the "freshness-factor". I don't slog through workouts anymore, and I'm generally eager to get to the pool to work on the things we've worked on together. There's SO much to swiming EVERY stroke that my workouts are never dull. I still love getting in the pool and just swimming endlessly, but drill work and technique stuff are more fun now as well. All in all, it's been a very productive winter for swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment