Monday, January 25, 2010

Rest Day

I'm still a little bummed about the Jets loss this morning. It was a rather unexpectedly good season though, so there's not too much to sulk about. Besides, we finally have a QB and a coach, not to mention the best Corner in football. Things are gonna be good for Jets fans the next few years.

I'm goin' heavy on the chillaxing today. After 3 days of concentrated cycling, I'm whiped out. The two singlespeed days really did a number on me, and capping it off with a super hilly ride yesterday was the icing on the cake. I fell asleep early last night and woke up feeling pretty refreshed this morning. This is a great sign that my body handled the hard training and is healthy. My resting HR is also normal which I'm happy about.

I'm going to focus on my calf and foot bigtime today. Lucho really gave me some great advice about the Anterior Tibialus (sp?) and how it can cause pain in the foot. I don't know if this was the absolute "root" cause of the foot pain I've dealt with for the last month and a half, but working on the knot I found there has certainly helped relieve a lot of the pain. Time will tell, but if all goes well, I'd have to say that I'm very close to running regularly again. February seems like a pretty reasonable start up time.

No comments:

Post a Comment