Monday, January 18, 2010

Second post of the day because I'm bored as hell...

So I've been sitting on my ass for the better part of the day being depressed about how I can't run. I've come to realize that this depression is not only a result of being injured, but also a result of the weather. Like everywhere else in the country, it's been super cold, and super gloomy most of the time since November. Very crappy weather for someone who loves the hot sunshine of the summer.

Anyway, the weather today is getting nicer and nicer. Its relatively warm, 42 degrees or so, but it's also starting to get sunny. The little bit of warmth and sun, as well as the snow melting from the rain we had last night, has made me feel so much better than when I woke up this morning. I hope to keep this positive attitude as I really think it'll help more and more with my recovery.

Also, things really aren't all that bad with the foot. There's a little bit of pain, but it's really minimal. I could run if I had a race tomorrow, but I'm just waiting for it to be completely 100% before I resume normal training. On the good side of things, I've been able to swim more and better than ever, and my cycling has also remained strong. I'm hoping to ride some more this coming week, and getting out on the mountain bike too will help me break through this little funk that I'm in. Soon I'll be running again and this whole episode will have just been a great learning experience.

***And a note on my pictures in the title of the blog:
I'm copying Lucho a bit here because I think the pics of wolves he chooses on his blog are awesome! I love animals and think that we can all identify with them in some respects-after all, we are all animals anyway! So, with that, I've decided to put up pics of my favorite animal, the lion. I've loved lions and big cats since I was very young. The fericious grace they exhibit awes me. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment