Thursday, January 7, 2010

90 min swim with swim coach

Great swim session today. I continue to make progress and my personal bests are getting personally better. If nothing else, this injury has made me into a much better swimmer than I would have been otherwise.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about what's happened to my foot. Most times it gets me very depressed that I can't run whenever I want to, but I've learned that it's all about keeping a positive mindset. That sounds cliche, but it's true. Keeping things positive when alls is going well is ridiculously easy. It's when the fit hits the shan that you absolutely must keep your head up. I always thought that I was one of those peole that would be strong through tragedy, but I've allowed myself to become incredibly depressed about not being able to run for only a month! Talk about being trivial! This isn't a life or death situation we're talking about here! There are certainly bigger things in the world to worry about.

So with this I've learned to be mentally tough. I've failed at times (a lot), and kept it to myself, but it's time to man up, deal with this, and allow myself to heal. I'm at 90% now, and it'll be 100% before I know it as long as I stay the course. Now, I just have to keep telling myself what I just wrote and I'll be ok. :)

Tomorrow is another swim, but shorter, and a lot of rest. I woke up feeling like crap today. I think it's from pushing a bit the last couple days, the cold weather, and not sleeping and eating well. I guess it's my body telling me to chill. Otherwise the rest of the weekend will be full of cycling and some more swimming. Hopefully the foot will come around sooner or later, and I can add that last part of triathlon back in to my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment