Sunday, January 10, 2010

4 hours, swim, row, lift, core

Did a double swim session today at the gym, with weights, core, and rowing mixed in between. I met up with my buddy Adam which made the time go faster for everything. The swim is really really coming along now. Being force to do nothing but swim right now has really been a blessing in disguise. For a while last season I loved swimming, then I hated it, and then I decided I was going to do everything in my power to get better at it. Now I love it again.

Progressing in something that you used to suck at, and seeing your hard work come to life is incredibly satisfying. The water seems more and more to be my friend and I am so thankful that my hard work is showing me improvement nearly every time I get in the water.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I'm sure I'm gonna need it. Lifting weights has reawaken some of my muscles, but at the same time made them incredibly sore and tight. The second swim at the end of my weight session I'm sure will help to ease some of that soreness. I'll swim easy tomorrow if I can, but if I'm too sore I may just float around a bit. Either way, I'll get in the water for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment