Tuesday, January 5, 2010

90 min singlespeed bike, 30 min swim

Killed my training today. Got on the Meat Saw and churned out 90 minutes of singlespeed heaven. We have a decent amount of snow on the ground right now, and that made it much more fun to ride. I did about 50/50 road to snow covered trails and fire road. Had a great time and got in a lot of great strength work. Really enjoying the inclimate weather and the super cold teens and twenties temps we're having.

Swam this evening for 30 mins as well. I don't know if it was waiting until evening to swim, or if it was just that I was tired, but I sucked it in the water today. I felt good and fast like I have been, but my shoulders were sore and I didn't have any pep. I was planning on getting in an hour swim, but it just wasn't my day.

Tomorrow is a 3 hour base ride on my new cyclocross bike! Super psyched to get that thing on the road. It's always motivating to ride a new bike. I'd like to get out in the morning, but again, like today, I don't think it's gonna happen. Work is a little crazy now (being that it's the new year and everyone is all pumped up to get fit!-It'll last for 2 weeks!), and I probably wont get on the bike until midday. I guess that's ok as it'll hopefully be above freezing by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment