Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bike, 5 hours

Had a great, albeit tiring, 5 hours on the bike this morning. I woke up feeling pretty tired from the singlespeed riding the past couple days, but got out and went for it anyway. It was all base effort anyway, so it didn't matter that I didn't have that "pop" in my legs.

Of all the longer rides I've ever done this had to be one of the most memorable. I rode a couple roads I'd never been on, and discovered just how spooky a deserted mental facility can be. I wish I would have taken some pics, but I didn't want to stop or let my HR get too low. I was really focused on keeping my HR where it should be for the entire 5 hours. With the exception of a couple pee breaks and one or two stops at lights, I was able to do it.

In the last 3 days, I spent about 10.5 hours on my bike, 5 of which was on my singlespeed. Today alone I ended up with 10k feet of climbing. Not huge numbers by any means, but good for me this time of year. My foot feels better (in large part due to Lucho-see comments from yesterday's entry), and I'm looking forward to getting back into a rythm with my training. Although I've been able to bike and swim quite a bit this winter, I've still felt scattered without running. Anyway I look at it though, I'm still continuing to become a better athlete than I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment