Wednesday, January 13, 2010

40 minute continual swim, rowing, weights

Did a 40 min continual swim early this morning. Didn't stop at the wall once. Just kept moving. Mostly freestyle, but threw in some lengths of the other strokes as well as some kick sets-both dolfin and flutter. I'm absolutely LOVING swimming right now. Something clicked in my head (or body as it is) and I've totally been reborn in the water. When I started swimming a couple years ago, my progress shot up really fast. I didn't have any prior swimming experience, but was able to muscle my way through workouts and races because of my athletic background. Now though, I have fluidity and grace in the water. Sounds kinda funny to say that, but I'm now that smooth swimmer in the pool. I'm the one that's doing all the fancy strokes and drills and kicks. It really feels great and has made getting to the pool something I want to do, rather than just have to do.

Another cool thing about this morning's swim was that it was dark in the pool. I got to the pool around 6:45 after seeing my first morning client, and there was only one other person in the pool. The far wall in the pool "room" is largely made of glass facing West, so there was only a dim light coming into the pool. Very, very cool to swim in. It was almost like I had the water all to myself. I'm going to try and get there everymorning at that time so I can take advantage of the quiet and nice atmosphere.

After the swim I did a 5k row (about 25 mins), lifted some weights, and did some swim cord work. Although not running is really making me upset, I'm finding ways to cope. However, there's something about running that I can't get from anything else. It's like a drug. I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment