Tuesday, January 26, 2010

45 minute swim, 90 minute hill work on bike

Long but productive day both at work and with training. Got in a swim early in the day which focused mainly on drill work and my freestyle form. Since learning the other strokes, I've been getting into the habit of doing them almost too much. I've gotten a little sloppy with freestyle and I wanted to fix that. I really would like to avoid slipping backward in any way. I've worked very hard throughout this winter to get my stroke to where it is now and I don't want to loose that.

On the bike, in the afternoon, I worked on my climbing. Fortunately I live in a super hilly area (for Long Island anyway), and have an abundance of steep and nasty climbs to work with. Though they don't go on for too long distance-wise, they make up for what they lack in length with steepness. After spending 90 minutes around here climbing them, my legs were toast and I was ready to call it a day.

Overall I felt a little tired today, but I think it's more a lack of good sleep than it is a lack of recovery. I slept well Sunday night, but last night was a bit sketchy. I'll have to work on that.

Tomorrow is an easy 3 hour ride that I'm really looking forward to. I don't know what to expect weather wise, but the 40 degree temps have given me a real good feel of spring. Generally I'm much happier and my feet and hands are much warmer! The weather is suppossed to really suck this weekend, so tomorrow may be the last "good weather" ride I get in for at least a week. Makes me more and more excited to see the mountains in Spain in less than a month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment