Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2 hour 5 minute bike, slammed my freakin' foot!

Rode for 2 hours and 5 minutes on the 'cross bike after a very frustrating issue with the tires delayed my start time. Without going into detail, the beed on both tires (clinchers obviously) wouldn't line up with the rim. I actually blew out a couple tubes when instaling the new tires. Very pissed. Has anyone with a 'cross bike ever had this problem? I've never ever had an issue with beeds not lining up on my road and mountain bikes.

So after all the mechanical issues were up, I was out on the road only to find that my chain was desperately in need of lube. A quick stop at the bike shop and I was good to go. Other than that the ride was pretty uneventful until I endo'd in a pile of snow and landed on my head. Interestingly enough, I wound up slamming my bad foot somehow and I saw stars. I'm hoping I didn't do any further damage to it, but it does hurt really bad in a throbbing-not-so-good kind of way. I'm hoping to stay off it for the remainder of the night and with any luck I'll wake up pain free in the morning. Fingers crossed.

The 'cross bike is the coolest thing I've ever ridden. It's fast, nimble, and grippy as all hell. I got to ride on a dirt road with ice, snow, mud, and sand, and the bike handled just like I was on the tarmac. I'm really looking forward to doing my first 'cross race in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment