Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2 hour bike, 50 min run

I rode my bike 'till it hurt today. It hurt bad. It hurt so bad it made me love it. Kind of sick, but whatever works. On the ride I did 1:30 of everything I had. Power, power, and more power. Sustained all on a pretty flat loop. It hurt real bad and I loved every second of it. The last 30 mins was basically trying not to fall of my bike from exhaustion and just getting home.

I've come back from Spain a totally different athlete. I've realized that I have a ton of power that I've never even thought to use before. It's amazing how 10 days can change your outlook on the sport, but damn, I wish I would have known this before. In many ways though, I don't think I could have handled it if I would have found out this time last year. As a matter of fact, I can barely handle it now!

So suddenly I feel like a beast on the bike. This has led to two things. 1-I'm trigger happy. Every ride turns into a powerfest and I ride too hard too much, and 2-I'm afraid if I don't use it, I'll loose it. Now both of these ideas are pretty stupid, I'll admit, but it's funny what a new tool in the athlete's portfolio will do. This new weapon of power and speed must be looked after properly. If I choose to abuse it I'm sure it's just gonna blow up in my face.

After the bike I met up with my speedy runner friend Laura for a 50 min run. We didn't go too hard, and I was thankful because my legs felt like a baby deer. We hit some hills, ran some of the beach, and just caught up a bit. Good day all around.

Tomorrow is back in the pool for a big swim day. I'm sure my legs are gonna feel like lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment