Friday, March 19, 2010

Easy swim

Swam today nice and easy. Did a couple hard, but short sets. My goal was to not do anything too taxing. The last few days have been tough and my legs are feeling it. The workouts this weekened are going to take a lot, so in effect, I am resting for them.

The weather has really broken here in the Northeast. It's about 70 today, and suppossed to get up near 72 tomorrow. Funny though, the first thing on my mind when the weather gets nice is sitting outside and having a beer. Either this means my head is not into training, or the weather doesn't bother me much. I like to think the weather doesn't bother me much for training as I've only done about 2 trainer rides all winter and all the rest were outside, either in snow, hail, rain, or all three:).

Tomorrow's bike ride is going to be tough and I need to be well rested. I'm planning on getting a good night's sleep tonight and waking up feeling refreshed and ready to blow it away. The melatonin and Sleepytime tea did the trick last night. I slept 9 hours without a problem. Could have been the glass of wine I had with dinner though too:). Either way, I'm going to continue on that regimen and see what happens. Hopefully it'll get lighter sooner in the morning, as this also has a negative effect on me when I get up. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment