Monday, March 29, 2010

Weights


Nothing like a weight workout to relieve some stress:). I had forgotten how much I like hitting the weights until today. It was short and sweet, but in the end I did a ton of core and some good functional training. I'm positive this will have a good impact on injury prevention as well as performance. I think a major reason I was injured this winter has to do with the fact that I never adopted a regular strength program. I always thought that because my background was in lifting weights and power sports, I already had the strength and balance to not need to worry about it. I couldn't have been more wrong!


I'm looking forward to keeping the weights as a permanent part of my training. I believe this, coupled with the regular stretching and self-massage I've done will pay off bigtime in the end. And even if it doesn't, it's still nice to get away from swimming, biking, and running all the time. Not that I'm at all tired with any of the three, just sayin'... :)


Tomorrow is back in the water and back on the bike. The weather is suppossed to remain crappy (rain) throughout tomorrow, so I'm thinking about doing my bike session indoors. Being that it's going to involve some hard intervals, it's actually might be in my best interest to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment