Thursday, March 18, 2010

45 min run, 1 hour swim

Today was tough. Tougher than the last couple have been. I worked hard over the last two days and it came out in today's training. I felt like crap the whole run this morning. It was like running through the loosest beach sand you can ever imagine. Somehow I ran fast with a relatively low HR, but it felt like I was going nowhere. Funny how that works sometimes...

The pool was great today. I felt very strong in the water and my swim coach confirmed that my stroke looked "beautiful"-her words, not mine:). We did some hypoxic sets (my first ever) and interestingly, they gave me more confidence in my swim than anything else. I always thought I needed to breath more, but the truth is I really don't. The sets allowed me to feel even more comfortable in the water. Really interesting and cool stuff.

Tonight I'm hoping to get some real good sleep. Last night was a good sleep night, but the previous two hadn't been. For some reason or another, I've been waking up in the middle of the night. I went out and bought some Sleepytime tea and Melatonin yesterday and it worked pretty well last night. I'm not sure what the cause of the waking up in the middle of the night is, but I'm hoping this is going to nip it in the bud.

Tomorrow is a welcomed easy day with only a swim, and then it's on to a weekend full of good weather, long rides, a run or two, and another swim. I'm looking forward to riding long this weekend without having to "suit up" for 45 minutes beforehand!

No comments:

Post a Comment