Monday, March 22, 2010

Rest Day


Today is the definition of resting HARD for me. I've had work in the morning, and finished around 11, at which point I went to Whole Foods, got some cheap soup, went home, and promptly passed out on the couch for a couple hours. It's funny because I didn't feel tired, and I didn't feel sleepy. I just passed out like I'd traied for hours. I guess it's cumulative.

This weekend wasn't all that high on volume, but for sure high on effort. For that matter, ever since I've gotten home there's been nothing but effort, effort, effort. It's paying off and I still feel strong, but today's rest day was greatly deserved and needed.

After I finish with my afternoon clients, I'm going to look at a skateboard for my dog. We've been going out for skateboard-walks lately and she seems to like it. For me this is ideal as I can allow her to run and play without putting more running miles in my legs. Usually it's not too much of a big deal to run a couple extra miles with her, but with coming back from my injury and the current "tiredness" in my legs, I think it's best not to overdo things. Besides, skateboarding rocks! I now remember why I loved it so much as a kid!

Tomorrow is back to business with a morning run and afternoon swim. The run will be medium length and the swim will be big. A few miles on the road and a lot of yards in the pool! Should be a bunch of fun!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment