Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some more R and R...


Choosing to relax a bit more today. My legs are still tired, I woke up feeling groggy, and I'm generally just not in the mood to train today. Thinking back, I am coming off of about 4 weeks of hard training (including Spain), so a few light days are most likely in order. With tomorrow's weight session looming, I want to be as strong and rested as possible. I think quality is much more important than quantitiy, especially at this point of the season. I've done A LOT of base miles this winter, and I'm looking forward to the next phase of training. Not to mention, I don't think Lucky minds chillin' out today either-see pic:).


Otherwise, I'm going to be out doing some yard work today. We're expecting a ton of rain over the next couple of days, so some early Spring cleaning has got to get done today. Even if it is just cleaning up, it's great to be outside this time of year. The "fresh" smell just before the rain puts me in such a good mood.


My caffiene addicition seems to be sorting itself out. In earlier posts I'd mentioned that I'm quitting coffee and caffiene outright, but I am trying to cut down. I've been so addicted to energy drinks and coffee for the past couple years, it's amazing my heart hasn't exploded. While I don't think there's anything wrong with a cup or two of coffee in the morning to get things moving, there is a problem with drinking a full pot, then having Red Bull, energy drinks, and more coffee until late in the afternoon. No wonder I didn't sleep well for years:). So I've managed to hold my coffee down to 2-3 cups at most, most days of the week. Interestingly, I've found that I need less on my busier days. This leads me to believe that I was drinking caffiene most times out of boredem. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. Without all the caffiene I feel great, sleep better, and am able to keep my motivation on a more even keel. Also, I'm finding that I'm eating healthier and making better choices in regards to nutrition. Sure there are still plenty of Oreo cookies and Pizza in there, but not more McDonald's and 90% of the other garbage I was eating.




2 comments:

  1. haha, thanks! The funny thing is, I didn't have to put Lucky in that position...she's a little snugglebug:)

    ReplyDelete