Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2 hour ride, 1 hour swim

HARD ride this morning. I decided to mix things up a bit and do an hour and 15 mins of all-out-effort riding, followed by 45 minutes of easy riding. Easily said: I'm shelled. I've never pushed so hard on the bike-actually, I've never been able to push so hard on the bike. I've come back from Spain with an INSANE amount of power. With great power come great responsibility though. The last two rides I've had, though short, have been speedy. I really am going to have to draw myself in a bit and take it easy. Blasting the roads is fun though, so hopefully I'll be able to control myself enough as not to burn out:).

The swim was pretty noneventful. Met with coach Kerry again today, and most of the time we worked on form. I'm swimming rather well right now, but I'll need to up the volume sooner rather than later as races are drawing near. I'm feeling confident and comfortable though, and that's half the battle.

I have a bit of stress in my life right now and I'm not diggin' it. "Real Life" stuff is just plain annoying, but sometimes you have to go through the fire to reap the benefits. Either way, I'll keep positive and get through it all. Adversity creates character.

Tomorrow is a 3 hour ride and easy run. I'm just getting back on the wagon with my running so I'll continue to take it lightly. My legs are shot from the effort on the bike today, so I'll most likely have little problem keeping the bike easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment