Saturday, March 27, 2010

Something like a rest day


Kinda rested today. Not much training other than a short spin to get the stiffness out of the legs and a skateboard session with the Luckstar. I'm actually finding skateboarding to be a rather preferable recovery activity. It's just fun, and Lucky makes it funner:). The excitement she gets from seeing me pull out my skateboard is indescribable. I guess this is what parents must feel when their kids wanna go out and play catch or run around with them. It's just so much fun to see her sprint after the board and run around like a psycho chasing after me as I ride. Pure enjoyment!

The ride today was super short and very easy. My legs are wiped out from the effort in the run yesterday, and I'm starting to feel it today. It's funny though because shortly after the run I didn't feel spent at all. I was tired, but definately could have trained more yesterday. The heaviness in the legs today is something different though. I'm glad to have it as it really means I gave it an honest go yesterday.

Tomorrow is going to be another easy day before I get down to some serious training next week. Up Monday is a pure strength session with weights and all! With the exception of a couple times this winter, I haven't done any real lifting since my fighting days. I'm sure I'm going to be super weak, but it'll be fun to do something other than swim/bike/run.

On another note, I got to go out to dinner with my parents tonight. It was great spending some time with them as it seems to be less and less that I get to spend with them as I get older. It's interesting to go out with them as a grown up rather than a kid. Conversations are more serious, more alcohol is consumed:) (hahaha) and generally it's just a different feeling-a good one though. It must be quite a sight for them to see this grown man sit across from them. I'm sure it seems like just yesterday that I was 5 years old and running around in the street with my friends. Funny how life goes by so fast:).

As for the remainder of the evening, I'm going to sit back, relax, and watch the fights tonight. Good time to relax and kick back. I'm very excited about my life right now and things that are going on. There's a lot brewing and it's a great time to be alive so why not live all the way! Haha, ok, I won't get all philisophical... :-) Just excited:)

No comments:

Post a Comment