Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home






















So I'm home and I'm bummed. It's amazing the impact one trip can have on your life. The people you meet; the places you go; the things you see; they all play such an incredible impact on what you think and how you percieve things. I know so much more now about myself and what I want from life. This trip has given me the courage to dig deeper and the desire to pursue my goals that much more.

Life's desicions are not something to take lightly, and at the same time something you need to put your heart behind. You only get one shot at this life and you can make of it what you want. You're only cheating yourself if you don't give it everything you've got. Being safe and doing what you "should do" as dictated by others is not always the way to go. I want to let it rip, follow my heart and work hard to create stories I can tell my grandchildren when all I can do is tell stories:).

This trip to Spain was so much more than just a training camp. Sure it was nice to travel, meet FANTASTIC people, and ride some of the most beautiful roads in the world, but more importantly, this trip poured the foundation for what I want from life. I guess sometimes you need to see what's on the "other side of the fence", so to speak:).

So anyway, with all that I'm home and I'm excited about what the next chapter of my life will hold. It's nice to see my folks and play with Lucky Dog, but there's a restlessness underneath it all-a good one:).

The pics are all from Spain. I was busy training most of the time so I didn't get too many. They're still awesome though! Oh, and Mark Cavendish was in front of that Columbia Highroad car. He was just too damned fast to get a pic of! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment