Sunday, March 21, 2010

5 hour ride

Something like a 5 hour ride today. After being so shelled yesterday after my ride, I really didn't know how this was going to pan out. The only "plan" I had for this ride was to just take it easy-really, really easy. Since coming back from Spain, it's been one hammerfest after another. Yesterday was the peak of the hammering...

After I blogged yesterday, I had some serious cramping in my quads and inner thighs. So much so I couldn't walk or even stand. Excrutiating pain that comes only from beating yourself into oblivion. Needless to say, today was a bit of a question mark.

Suprisingly, from the beginning of the ride, the legs felt good. Actually they felt better than good which was a bit suprising. They weren't fresh, but definately recovered enough to the point of being able to do some hard riding today. However, being that I'm dumb but not that dumb, I decided to chillax a bit for the day. I put tape over my bike computor and just rode like I felt. I tried to enjoy the day, not worry about speed or power or heartrate, and just get some saddle time in.

Mission accomplished. I left the house around 12pm and got back a little after 5. I took it easy, made a coffee stop, and basically just tooled around for a few hours. Very good for the mind as well as the body.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I plan on resting hard. Although I feel ok, the effects of yesterday may have not fully shown up yet. I might go for an easy spin or a light swim, but that's about it. Otherwise the day will be devoted to some stretching, massage, and eating well. Gonna have to make another Whole Foods trip. I'll attempt to get an entire meal for free by going through the sample stations;). Gotta love being poor!

No comments:

Post a Comment