Monday, March 1, 2010

Last Day...I don't wanna go home!!!

Excellent time spent here in Spain! I can't believe it's over already. I've really had a chance to learn from some great pro "roadies" and triathletes-more than I could ever have imagined I would. Life is so simple when you're just training, eating, and recovering. I really can't wait to do this again!

I've also developed a profound respect for professional cyclists. The amount that they suffer and push themselves into the ground is phenomenal. It was a pleasure to be able to try and dig as deep as them this week.

Europe is amazing. I could really see myself being here in the long term. All of the people I met were great and the culture he is incredible. We're really cheated in a lot of ways being so isolated in the States. Don't get me wrong, I love America, but Europe has so much to offer and so many of the things I thought I knew about things here are much, much different than I expected, and in a very good way. I'm so sorry to leave this place and the people I've met behind, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll be back in the near future.

As I've said in my previous posts about the camp, the terrain is amazing. Getting strong on the bike is not an option, it's just a result. I really don't think you can leave a place like this without seeing immediate results when you get home. I'm just happiest that I didn't completely burn myself out. I'm feeling strong and still in one piece which was my goal from the onset.

Tomorrow will be out last bit of training before heading for the airport for a late afternoon flight. After all the cycling these 10 days (and because my bike will be all packed up and ready to fly), I'm going to run a little. Most likely I'll cut it at the hour mark as my running has really not been consistent in the last 3-4 months because of my injury. Luckily, the weather is crap at home so I'll have plenty of time to get my running legs back when I return.:)

I know I promised pics and vids, but because of the bad internet connections (generally not a bad thing), I'll have to post them after I get home. I've got some cool pics and some other links to pics that were taken by others while we were here. There will be plenty to share I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment