Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Swim 1500, Bike 90 mins


Got busy again on the bike today. My legs still feel like bricks, but they get going once they're warmed up a bit. I worked on strength today and pushed some big gears the whole 90 mins. I'm astonished at how fast I am on the bike when I'm not even trying. The goal for today was to chill a bit with the heartrate, and just concentrate on building up power even more. I intentionally taped over my bike computor so I wouldn't be tempted to speed up. The only fields shown were cadence and time. Interestingly, at the end of the ride, after I untaped my computor, I found that I still flew on the bike. I averaged a ridiculous speed for "taking it easy" today. I guess there is something to pushing big gears...lesson learned!:)


As for the swim, this was a tough one. I intended on getting to the pool by 5:30am before work, but didn't wind up getting out of bed until then! I was groggy and wanted to sleep in more, but decided to suck it up and just get in the water for however long I could before seeing my first client of the day. All in all, it wasn't a bad swim. I did 1500 straight with no rest. It wasn't crazy fast, but it was good to get in the water and good to get some kind of a swim in on the day. I'm dissapointed that I didn't get to bed earlier last night, but what's done is done. You can only deal with the here and now!


I have a couple more apopointments this afternoon, but I'll look to get plenty of rest and work on recovery. I'm still pretty tired from this weekends big effort, so if more rest is needed, that's what I'll take. Oh, and I'm gonna go skateboarding with my dog:).
Took the pic above on one of my winter rides. It's one of my favorites. The sunsets on the beach here are beautiful all year round:).

No comments:

Post a Comment