Wednesday, March 10, 2010

45 min run, 2:30 bike

Great run in the morning. My legs were still feelin' it a bit from the hard session on the bike yesterday, but most importantly I made it through the run with absolutely no issues from the foot. Good run all around.

This afternoon I got out on the bike for a 2-3 hour ride. Being that I finished the last of my Hammer Nutrition products in Spain, I went out with a water bottle and some gels. Well, at about the 1:45 mark I bonked. I NEVER bonk. I'm not even sure I know what it is! Nevertheless, I was close to the gym I work out of and was able to snag a bar and feel instantly better. Finished the ride strong. I could have kept riding hard which is good because it shows that I'm finally recovered from my travel and ready to start training regularly again.

So far this week the volume hasn't been very high, but I believe the quality is there. I need to be careful and not overdo it though, as last week at camp was a very big effort. Tomorrow is just a swim and I'm actualy looking forward to it! The legs deserve some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment