Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1 Hour MTB Ride, 20 Minute Open Water Swim, 20 Minute Run

Ok, so somewhere in there today I forgot that it was my week to taper. I guess it's ok to go with it if I'm still feeling fresh as a daisy right now after all of it. Besides, It's really not a lot considering the volume that I put in last week.

I'm very happy with the way my body has responded to the extra volume. In this rest/taper week, I feel stronger than I have all season. I'm sure there's so much more that I'm capable of once I get everything right. To me it seems pretty simple at this point. Train and rest correctly and you get stronger-get stronger and you go faster. Very plain and simple.

As I've said about a billion times over the short course of life of this blog, I'm going completely for broke with these last few weeks in the season. If I continue this trend, I really believe I can hit a home run with my last race.

I believe in me. I believe I can be great. I believe in myself no matter what anyone else thinks. I believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment