Saturday, September 5, 2009

Half way up the mountain...

Finished the 6 hour ride today with close to 120 miles complete. Not a bad effort considering the pace was ridiculously easy, and my Heart rate never even approached anything significant-I think it averaged 141-pretty low for me. I'm happy with this ride for a couple of reasons. 1)It's the longest I've ever ridden in one shot, and 2)I left the ride feeling fresh and ready to run. Given that I'm focusing on the 70.3 distance for at least one more year, I really feel like this is a great marker to where I've gotten to on an aerobic level. I've got speed, now I just need to build up that endurance. Although I have 2 more races left on my calender this season (one oly and one 70.3) I'm looking forward to building a lot of base this winter. The pieces will really start to come together when I get my aerobic engine tuned a bit more.

Up tomorrow is another big 6+ hour day. The effort is easy, but the length of the day is what intimidates me. Everest will be summited tomorrow, and I'll have it with me for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment