Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1 Hour MTB Ride

I diverted a bit from my taper today to play with my new toy. I took the new 29er out for a spin today and couldn't get enough of it! What an amazing bike! It's like the perfect bike. I had just about no trouble climbing (other than my lack of technical climbing skill on a mountain bike-I'm sure that even if I had a full carbon, full suspension bike I still would have had to dismount on some of the climbs), and more fun on a bike than I can remember having in a looooong time.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my road bike and tri bike, but there's something about being alone in the woods (either on a bike or running) at a slower pace that just makes things seem so simple. It's great just to be out there and hear nothing but the trees around you as the wind blows. No cars. No big trucks. No cursing drivers. Nothing to rattle you. It was one of the most therapeutic rides I've ever had. There will be quite a lot of mountianbiking for me this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment