Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hour and a Half Straight swim

Today I threw the sets out the window. I had a planned 4000 yard workout to do, and I said "F" it! I've grown so sick of doing this set, and that drill, and blah blah. I just couldn't do it today.

I absolutely love swimming. I really do-it's just too bad I suck at it right now. I'm excited to work hard this fall/winter at correcting my weakness with a good coach, but for right now, I just needed to get in the water and swim.

So after a decent warm up, I just swam-and swam, and swam. I didn't really worry about yardage, sets, or anything much more than form and feeling good throughout the workout. I mixed in a few 25 yard kick lengths, but other than that, it was just moving in the water for an hour and a half non stop.

I feel energized from this workout and am happy I did it. Would my coach be happy about it? I don't know, but I imagine he would be. Training's gotta be fun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment