Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Humpday

Kinda discouraging start to the day. Nothing involving training, just work. There are days like this and there's nothing you can really do about it. Just keep your head up I guess.

I'm excited to try out my new bike. Being that it's a taper week though, I don't want to ever exert myself (as I have a tendancy to do!), so I think I'll just take it easy today. I have an easy 20 minute run planned for today, and maybe-JUST MAYBE, I'll take the bike to the trails for an easy spin. There is some great single track right down the road from me, and if I'm conservative I can keep it relatively flat, so that shouldn't be too bad :). I also wanted to head out for an open water swim, but we'll see what happens with that.

It sucks having so much time and not using it to train. I guess this is how I should feel, and I'm psyched that I am still excited about triathlon after all the training I've been doing. That's probably the best indication that I'm well rested and doing the right things with recovery.

Should be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment